Villa Bolasco and its Park, in Castelfranco Veneto, in the province of Treviso, used to be known as “the Paradise”. A paradise that was lost in 1803, when the new owner – nobleman Nicolò Corner Giustinian – razed the original 17th-century structures and the Italian gardens surrounding them.
It was Count Francesco Revedin that reinvented this lost beauty. He entrusted the Venetian architect Giambattista Meduna – famous for the drawings of the La Fenice Theater – with the construction of the wonderful villa, built between 1852 and 1865: the grand staircase, the ballroom, the refined stables brought back to life the splendor that had once justified the use of a heavenly nickname. The surrounding land – which had been downgraded to arable fields – flourished again into an English garden. Because first of all heaven is a garden.
The ancient statues, trees and ponds, the bridges and hills, the stables, the “Hispano-Moorish” greenhouse and the dovecote tower are still here, surrounded in the defenseless, silent beauty of this Venetian park.
And Paradise must not be lost a second time.