On April 1st 2015, Turin’s Museo Egizio will re-open and unveil its most dramatic renovation ever.
After over one thousand days of renovation to improve and extend its exhibition area – supported in large part by private foundation Compagnia di San Paolo – the wonderful Museum of Egyptian Antiquities founded in 1824 will introduce its completely new set-up to the international public.
Without moving from Palazzo Accademia delle Scienze, where it first opened to the public in 1834, the museum has been able to double in space, from 6,500 square meters to 12,000.
Thus, its impressive collection of finds – the largest in Europe and one of the most important in the world, with objects related to the art, culture, and daily life in Ancient Egypt, gathered thanks to efforts made since 1630 – will enjoy a completely renewed home, with more room and a more modern communication strategy.
Congratulations to Turin for its all-new Egyptian Museum… one with centuries of history and millennia of culture inside.
Photos of the renovation are © PEPE fotografia